- eSmart – https://www.esmartschools.org.au
- The Alannah and Madeline Foundation – http://www.amf.org.au/
- CyberSmart – http://www.cybersmart.gov.au
- The Line – http://www.theline.gov.au
- Digizen – http://www.digizen.org/
- Victorian Government Advice on Cybersafety – http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/bullystoppers/Pages/advicecybersafe.aspx
- CyberSafety Help Button – http://www.cybersafetyhelp.gov.au/
- Youth Central – http://www.youthcentral.vic.gov.au/Web+&+Social+Safety
- Internet Danger – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV1ZCF4oueQ
- Safe Web Surfing – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrln8nyVBLU
- Protecting Reputations Online – http://www.youtub)e.com/watch?v=8n-AdP6PBT8
- The Revolution of Social Media – http://www.youtube.com/sIFYPQjYhv8
- What is a Digital Citizen? – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFuZI60l0I#t=48
- Can’t I just delete it? –http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P_gj3oRn8s
- Internet Photos – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlrAhtQC24
For tips about cyber safety on social networking sites, search engines and online games, visit www.acorn.gov.au/protection-prevention.
FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
Facebook is a social media tool that helps people communicate with their friends, family and coworkers.
Facebook does not provide a phone number, postal address or email address to contact them directly.
- Reporting a Violation – outlines procedures for inappropriate content, imposter profiles, abusive users, underage users, video takedowns and privacy issues.
- Facebook Basics – straightforward information about Facebook functionality, account and privacy settings, popular features and a glossary of terms. Useful for users who are unfamiliar with Facebook.
- Reporting a Violation (without having a Facebook account) – provides a form that can be completed for users who would like to report inappropriate content including imposter profiles.
YouTube is a video-sharing website. It is a place to discover, watch, upload and share videos, including movie clips, TV clips, and music videos, as well as amateur content such as video blogging and short original videos.
- YouTube ‘Help’ – outlines procedures for inappropriate content, abusive users, underage users, video takedowns and privacy issues.
- YouTube Community Guidelines – straightforward information about defining what breaches their user conditions.
- Don’t Cross the Line – some common-sense rules that will help users steer clear of trouble.
- Contact Us – steps you through questions and procedures before you can contact YouTube directly.
- Information for Educational Authorities: ‘I’m a school representative reporting a video’
- YouTube state: “In order to process abuse claims, we must receive notification directly from the individual in the video, or their legal guardians. If the individual involved is a co-worker, spouse, sibling, or friend, please have them contact us directly. Please do not continue to fill out the privacy form if you are not within the video or are the legal guardian of the person within the video. This could have severe legal consequences for you in your country, and will not be investigated by the YouTube staff.
- Rules and Best Practice – contains Twitter’s comprehensive list of account behaviours that could land you in hot water, this page is a basic introduction to Twitter’s rules and best practices.
- How to Report Violations – outlines the procedure necessary for reporting potential violations of Twitter rules and terms of service.