KOOWEERUP SECONDARY COLLEGE
aims to provide a quality secondary education for all children and all futures: VCE, VET and VCAL.
- Friendly, caring environment
- Supportive Learning Communities complemented by a strong House system
- S.E.A.L. Academy (Select Entry Accelerated Learning) for gifted students
- Cultural and sporting excellence with extensive Sport, Music and Performing Arts programs
- State of the art Learning Centres
- Bring your own device program (BYOD)
For further information please contact
Leonie McGinley (Assistant Principal)
Ph: 5997 1444 Fax: 5997 1304
HOW TO ENROL
Kooweerup Secondary College is zoned for school bus travel and parents/guardians should seek further information about this when making an appointment for an interview. Please also read the section on Transport.
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT ENROLLING AT KOOWEERUP SECONDARY COLLEGE
The best place to find detailed information about the College is on the school’s web site: www.kwrsc.vic.edu.au. In particular look at the following sections:
- LEARNING – provides details about structure of the day, what is taught each term and programs from Years 7 to 12
- EXTRA ACTIVITIES – scroll down the left hand side for a list of all the cocurricular programs we offer e.g. camps, sport, HPV, music, Deb Ball, etc. Click on the heading and open the section up for even more information.
- ENROLMENTS- has information on TRANSPORT, the S.E.A.L. Academy Program and SCHOLARSHIPS
- PARENTS – has information on SCHOOL NOTICES, COLLEGE POLICIES, HOMEWORK CLUB, CANTEEN, UNIFORM, etc.
Application forms for secondary school: (NOTE: Application forms are DIFFERENT to Enrolment forms!)
- Application forms (white single page) are distributed by primary schools early in term 2.
- Should be returned to the student’s primary school by the required date.
- Families will be notified after in August of the outcome.
- ENROLMENT PACKAGES will then be sent out to students who have been allocated to KWRSC – this includes the many paged Enrolment form we provide.
Parents of Grade 5 students
- There is no such thing as a waiting list for government schools. Applications are submitted in May of Year 6.