Starting school is a major transition for both students and their families. Both challenging and exciting, it is a time of change in which students, families and educators adjust to new roles, identities, expectations, interactions and relationships.
Our Transition Team does an exceptional amount of work with the feeder schools on transition to develop a deep understanding of our incoming new students. This commitment is to understand your student and support teachers’ understanding of how to develop their skills to facilitate successful learning.
Koo Wee Rup Secondary College will begin to engage with you at the beginning of Term 4, and all other correspondence should be through your current primary school.
Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Guidance and Key Dates for families and information about moving from primary school to secondary school, can be accessed on the Department of Education and Training website.
- May – Applications through your primary school
- July – Your primary school will inform you of your child’s secondary placement.
- August – We will be in contact with you via mail/email and advise the next stage of enrolment to our College. Enrolment packs will be sent to all future Year 7 students
- November – Year 7 information will communicated in November
- December – The DET state-wide Orientation Day
Please contact the College’s Assistant Principal Todd Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about Year 7.
The team at Koo Wee Rup look forward to you joining our community.